This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
A trailblazing trainer!
If you're a nostalgia buff of Ryan aircraft - or just a warbird enthusiast in general - get ready for the Ryan STA-M! As the first choice of low-wing monoplane to become the Army Air Corps' primary trainer, the Ryan STA-M makes an impressive-looking ARF that flies gently at low speeds - with the capacity to perform scale loops, rolls and stall turns at higher power settings. The military version of the Ryan STA also features a dual cockpit for instructor and student, plus astoundingly detailed instrument panel decals. Ryan quality and workmanship are certainly evident in the Ryan STA-M, but the fact that it's Almost-Ready-to-Fly is an added bonus that you'll definitely appreciate with this beautiful scale model!
- Made from the highest-quality woods and durable fiberglass, and covered in Top Flite® MonoKote® film.
- Assembles in as little as 12-15 hours.
- Adjustable engine mount made of reinforced nylon.
- Spacious radio compartment with quality Great Planes hardware supplied.
- Dual aileron servos add precision and authority.
- Large dimensions accentuate the plane's scale detail and graceful flight.
Stock Number: GPMA1355
Wingspan: 82 in (2080 mm)
Wing Area: 1066 in² (68.8 dm²)
Weight: 10.25-11.5 lb (4.65-5.22 kg)
Wing Loading: 22-25 oz/ft² (67-76 g/dm²)
Fuselage Length: 60 in (1525 mm)
Engine Required: 2-stroke .61-.91 cu in (10-15 cc) or 4-stroke .91-1.20 cu in (11.5-20.0 cc)
Radio Required: 4-5 channel w/6 standard servos
Parts Listing - Product Manual - View the video