This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
"Super" in every way!
Long considered the classic biplane, the versatile Stearman has assumed many roles, and has never failed to impress. Great Planes' IMAA-legal scale model of the Super Stearman is just as impressive, with attention to detail evident throughout and flight characteristics that parallel that of the full-size plane.
- All main sections feature built-up balsa and plywood.
- Four ailerons (instead of two) give this Stearman "super" agility — especially when each is powered by its own servo. Coupling rods are supplied for when using only two servos.
- The dual cockpits feature vacu-formed windscreens with painted frames, and come complete with a pair of scale pilot figures.
- A steerable tailwheel assembly aids in ground handling.
- A plywood carrying handle is included that makes for easy transport of the fuselage and interplane struts.
Stock Number: GPMA1350
Top Wingspan: 71.5 in (1815 mm)
Bottom Wingspan: 69 in (1755 mm)
Total Wing Area: 1466 in² (94.6 dm²)
Weight: 14-15 lb (6.4-6.8 kg)
Wing Loading: 22-23.5 oz/ft² (67-72 g/dm²)
Length: 56.75 in (1441 mm)
Requires: 2-stroke or 4-stroke .91-1.20 cu in engine, 4-channel radio w/5-7 servos
Product Manual - Parts Listing - Accessories Needed - Product Flier