This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
The Golden Touch!
During aviation's Golden Age, American-made Ryan aircraft had a huge impact worldwide. As founder of Ryan Aeronautical Activities, T. Claude Ryan produced Lindbergh's "Spirit of St. Louis" as well as many of the era's military trainers and sport planes. High quality and exceptional performance were the standards of Ryan aircraft - the same characteristics you'll find in this eye-catching, almost ready-to-fly Ryan STA from Great Planes.
- Prebuilt structures are constructed of choice materials - fine woods, durable fiberglass, Top Flite MonoKote film - and assemble in as little as 12-15 hours!
- Spacious radio compartment offers plenty of room for easy on-board gear installation.
- Fiberglass cowl features accurate ducting and blister marks, and conceals engines in the recommended range for added realism.
- Carefully reproduces the original aircraft's oval-shaped fuselage, instead of settling for easily manufactured flat sides.
- Generous package of Great Planes-brand hardware includes smooth rod-in-tube pushrods and a reinforced nylon Adjustable Engine Mount.
"Our Ryan STA ARF gives one of aviation's most exciting aircraft the absolute top-of-the-line treatment. When you open the box, you'll hardly believe your eyes. It looks - and flies - like an exceptionally well-built kit."
Great Planes Model Manufacturing
Stock Number: GPMA1345
Wingspan: 80 in (2032 mm)
Wing Area: 1002 in² (64.6 dm²)
Weight: 10.3 lb (4.7 kg)
Wing Loading: 24 oz/ft² (73 g/dm²)
Fuselage Length: 60 in (1524 mm)
Engine Required: 2-stroke .61-.91 cu in (10.0-15.0 cc) or 4-stroke .91-1.20 cu in (15.0-20.0 cc)
Radio Required: 4-5 channel w/5 standard servos
Parts Listing - Product Manual