This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
Easy sport fun—with Formula I style.
A small homebuilt racer first seen in the 1940s, the Shoestring has since become a classic. Its simplicity made it a favorite with builders...its maneuverability appealed to fun-loving pilots. Those same qualities make the Great Planes Shoestring a standout among R/C models. With its top-quality ARF construction, the Shoestring offers easy 14-20 hour assembly, exciting aerobatics—and a distinctive look like few other models at the flight line.
- Carefully constructed of select woods, durable fiberglass and brilliant Top Flite® MonoKote® film.
- One-piece fiberglass cowl comes painted in two colors—and conceals most 2- and 4-stroke engines in the recommended range to preserve the scale outline.
- Heavy-duty scale aluminum landing gear mounts easily from inside the fuselage—durable fiberglass wheel pants arrive factory-painted to match the model's trim.
- Radio gear installs easily inside the spacious radio compartment. Dual aileron servos (one mounted in each wing half) simplify installation and boost precision and authority.
- Canopy comes preformed for easy assembly, with the rear section factory-painted to match the fuselage.
Stock Number: GPMA1325
Wingspan: 61.5 in (1560 mm)
Wing Area: 712.5 in² (46 dm²)
Length: 53 in (1345 mm)
Weight: 7 lb (3.2 kg)
Wing Loading: 25.9 oz/ft² (79 g/dm²)
Engine Required: 2-stroke .61 cu in (10 cc) or 4-stroke .91 cu in (15 cc)
Radio Required: 4-channel with 5 servos
Parts Listing - Product Manual