This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
.61-1.20 Sport Scale Almost-Ready-to-Fly Model
Its nickname—the “Cradle of Heroes”—said it all. Cadets became combat legends by cutting their teeth on the PT-19 U.S. Army trainer, a plane as popular with pilots today as it was with WWII flying aces of the '40s. Great Planes' all-wood, ARF version gives R/C pilots an easy way to enjoy the PT-19's nostalgic looks and gentle aerobatic performance...in an impressive, eye-catching IMAA-legal size.
- Prebuilt, all-wood main structures arrive covered in a realistic MonoKote® trim scheme—model can be flight ready in just 15-20 hours!
- Performance range stretches from easy low-speed flight to exciting loops and rolls.
- Perfect first “large” low-wing plane—size improves its ability to handle wind, while dual ailerons servos add authority and the security of backup if one servo fails.
- Factory-painted fiberglass cowl, ABS landing gear covers, rollover pylon and decals for authentic markings enhance the scale realism.
- Includes a generous package of high-quality Great Planes hardware, complete with adjustable nylon engine mount and strong, 3/16” wire landing gear.
“You won't find any other PT-19 model quite like this Great Planes ARF. Construction is first-rate, assembly's a snap, the realism is outstanding—and with its BIG dimensions, the plane stands out easily both on the flight line and in flight."
Stock Number: GPMA1301
Wingspan: 82.5 in (2090 mm)
Wing Area: 1027 in² (66.25 dm²)
Weight: 9.75-10.5 lb (4.4-4.8 kg)
Wing Loading: 21.8-23.5 oz/ft² (66.4-71.7 g/dm²)
Length: 64.5 in (1639 mm)
Engine Required: 2-stroke .61-.91 cu in (10-15 cc) or 4-stroke .91-1.20 cu in (15-20 cc)
Radio Required: 4-channel with 5 standard servos