This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
Prebuilt at the factory - precovered in genuine Top Flite MonoKote!
IMAA-/IMAC-legal 79" span wing!
With its thrilling aerobatic potential and amazing ease and speed of assembly, the 1/4-scale SpaceWalker from Great Planes is designed with the fun-seeking pilot in mind. It looks like a classic military trainer straight out of mid- 40s America, yet relies on a mid-'80s design and goes together with the ease of the '90s best ARF building technology. Even though it looks scratch-built, this Almost-Ready-to-Fly kit can be in the air in just a few evenings.
The SpaceWalker builds straight and strong, and comes with genuine MonoKote covering already applied. ABS wheel pants and one-piece cowl, all pre-painted to match the color of the film, are included in the generous hardware and accessory package to enhance the plane's sport-scale appearance, and the authentic heavy-duty steel landing gear has been factory-welded to endure less-than-perfect touchdowns as well as speed up assembly.
- Eliminates gasoline engine purchase as a requirement for giant-scale performance - it's docile with a 2-stroke .61, dynamite with a 4-stroke .91!
- Included engine mount adjusts to accept any engine in the recommended range
- An aileron servo on each wing helps deliver control input with promptness, precision and authority - dual ailerons also simplify set-up, and provide a safety "net" in case of a single servo failure
- Dual-yoke pushrod design allows elevators to function independently, a "straight" linkage set-up that enhances control by preventing pushrods from twisting and bending; elevator halves may also be adjusted independently
- Heavy-duty steel landing gear is factory-welded for enduring strength
"Even the most experienced and demanding modelers will admire the exceptional quality of this ARF. It's exactly what we builders strive for - right down to the MonoKote covering."
Great Planes Model Manufacturing
Stock Number: GPMA1300
Wingspan: 79 in (2007 mm)
Wing Area: 1096 in² (70.7 dm²)
Weight: 8-8.75 lb (3.60-3.94 kg)
Wing Loading: 16.8-18.4 oz/ft² (51-56 g/dm²)
Length: 54.5 in (1385 mm)
Requires: 2-stroke .61-.75 cu in (10-12 cc) or 4-stroke .70-.91 cu in (11.5-15 cc) engine and a 4-5 channel radio with 5 servos
Parts Listing - Product Manual