This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
Everywhere flown – from Muncie to Slovakia – Matt Chapman's full-size CAP 580 is an instant hit. Great Planes captures its standout trim scheme and aerobatic ability in this exclusive and officially licensed 1/3 scale ARF...which experienced pilots can turn loose for "everyday" sport flying, sizzling 3D maneuvers, and serious IMAC competition!
- Factory-painted fiberglass cowl and wheel pants match the look of Matt Chapman's full-scale favorite.
- Canopy doubles as a convenient hatch that lifts off for fast access to the spacious radio compartment.
- Premium, custom heavy-duty hardware included — hinges, control horns, pushrods and more to carry the model through demanding maneuvers with confidence.
- Uses two servos to actuate each aileron control surface, providing the muscle for crisp, precise deflection.
- Steerable tailwheel provides positive ground handling.
Stock Number: GPMA1285
Wingspan: 99.5 in (2525 mm)
Wing Area: 1885 in² (121.6 dm²)
Weight: 26.5-28 lb (12.0-12.7 kg)
Fuselage Length: 95 in (2415 mm)
Wing Loading: 32-34 oz/ft² (99-104 g/dm²)
Engine Required: 4.2-7.2 cu in (80-120 cc) glow or gasoline
Radio Required: 4-6 channel radio w/1-2 standard (6 high-torque and 2 giant high-torque servos)
Product Manual - Parts Listing
How to Tighten Covering on ARF Models
"I'm thrilled with how accurately Great Planes reproduced the trim scheme of my CAP 580 on this model. As an R/C pilot and IMAC competitor myself, I enjoy flying it almost as much as the full-size aircraft!"