This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
Crowd-pleasing performance... pilot-pleasing ease!
From 1944 to now, the Curtiss Pitts-designed Pitts Special has racked-up more aerobatic victories than any other type of aircraft. That kind of success speaks volumes towards the design excellence of Curtiss-Pitts – and it's a great reason to make Great Planes' 1/3 scale ARF your introduction to the world of high-flying aerobatic exhilaration! Amazingly, there are hardly any R/C models of this aviation legend on the market – which make the Great Planes' Almost-Ready-to-Fly version of the Curtiss Pitts Special all the more engaging to you experienced pilots looking to expand your aerobatic skills, without spending a lot of time building.
- This aerobatic legend builds in just 20-25 hours.
- It's scaled down from factory drawings to capture the original's true proportions.
- The sturdy, lightweight, all-wood airframe and wings come precovered in Top Flite® MonoKote®, with a fiberglass cowl and wheel pants painted to match.
- The fiberglass interplane struts are painted to match covering, and make installation and removal of the top wing much easier; flying wires add a realistic touch with little extra effort.
- The generous supply of Great Planes hardware includes wheels, a scale tailwheel, a 4" aluminum spinner, and decals.
Stock Number: GPMA1218
Top Wingspan: 68.5 in (1740 mm)
Bottom Wingspan: 64.3 in (1630 mm)
Wing Area: 1303 in² (84 dm²)
Weight: 14-16 lb (6.35-7.25 kg)
Wing Loading: 25-28 oz/ft² (75-85 g/dm²)
Length: 70 in (1780 mm)
Requires: 2-stroke 1.6-2.7 cu in (26-45 cc) glow engine or 2.5 cu in (41 cc) gasoline engine, 4-6 channel radio w/6-8 servos
Product Manual - Parts Listing - View the video (2.9MB)