This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
Soar with the Eagle and leave building behind!
True to the homebuilt aerobat in performance and appearance, Great Planes' Christen Eagle II ARF hits new highs in everything from assembly ease to authentic scale detail.
A separate servo for each control surface provides the power and finesse to snap! right off the deck and duplicate the moves of the airshow favorite. But the Christen Eagle II ARF will continue to draw "oohs" and "ahhs" even after it lands, for its scale detail and the spectacular eagle trim scheme captured in MonoKote®.
It's an outstanding performer with both gas and glow engines—and a treat for the ambitious intermediate as well as the seasoned aerobat!
- The easy way to "build" a bipe! Ready for tumbling routines and long, strong loops in as little as 25-30 hours.
- Constructed with Great Planes' "Quality Quartet": hand-selected woods, painted fiberglass parts, factory-applied MonoKote iron-on film and Great Planes' own hardware.
- Painted fiberglass parts eliminate shaping as they add to authenticity. Every one—interplane struts, airfoiled fairings, wheel pants and cowl—has been carefully scaled down from the original design.
- Other fine-scale features include full-color decal sheets with sponsor and instrument panel decals—and flying wires that are cut to length and ready to install!
- Loaded with built-in extras, including: painted aluminum cabane struts, servo tray with room for an optional ignition kill switch, optional battery tray for weight balancing, locations for gas or glow fuel tanks; hook & loop straps for the battery and receiver; tailwheel assembly and aluminum spinner.
- The interplane struts do double duty as a scale appearance plus and as an easy way to align and support the wings.
Stock Number: GPMA1217
Wingspan: Top: 68.5 in (1740 mm), Bottom: 64.5 in (1640 mm)
Wing Area: 1436 in² (92.6 dm²)
Weight: 16.5-18 lb (6.80-8.16 kg)
Wing Loading: 26-29 oz/ft² (79-88 g/dm²)
Length: 62.5 in (1585 mm)
Requires: 2-stroke 1.6 to 2.2 cu in (26-35 cc), 4-stroke 1.8 to 3.0 cu in (30-49 cc) or 2.0-3.2 cu in (32-52 cc) gasoline engine & 4-channel radio w/8-9 servos.
Product Manual - Parts Listing
|View the video clip:|