This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
Getting the original Spirit of St. Louis ready to cross the Atlantic required months of preparation. Today, pilots can be ready to recreate that historic flight in less than a day, with Great Planes' Spirit of St. Louis Park Flyer ARF.
Any modeler with moderate building experience and an eye for scale looks is a potential pilot, and any potential pilot will be happy with what the Spirit of St. Louis offers for the price. Building is virtually non-existent, while conveniences and scale touches abound. Detailed landing gear and a replica radial engine enhance its realism. A generous hardware and accessory package adds additional scale details, while the included motor and gear drive keep costs down and progress underway.
- Designed for completeness. Includes foam wheels for the detailed landing gear, a scale spinner, prop, generous hardware, decals and die-cut wood braces — all in addition to a 4.1:1 gear drive and 280-size motor. All items grouped and bagged for convenience!
- The tail group, 1-piece fuselage and 1-piece wing are painted, to simplify assembly, eliminate finishing and speed progress.
- All-foam construction holds weight to just 350 g. Mass to move is minimized, allowing the Spirit of St. Louis to cruise at just 1/2 to 2/3 throttle with just a 280 motor in the nose.
- Goes aloft with a hand launch or rollout — and flies for up to 5 minutes on a 350mAh pack.
- Light, undercambered wing is ideal for slow, stately flight but leaves room for slow loops and oh-so-slow stall turns.
- Easy-open wing battery hatch speeds pack installation and replacement.
- Prefinished foam fuselage offers ample room for installation of micro-sized on-board radio equipment.
Stock Number: GPMA1151
Wingspan: 40.1 in (1020 mm)
Wing Area: 253 in² (16.3 dm²)
Weight: 12.4 oz (350 g)
Wing Loading: 7.1 oz/ft² (21.7 g/dm²)
Length: 25.5 in (650 mm)
Includes: 280-size motor, 4.1:1 gear drive, 9x6 prop
Requires: 3-channel radio w/2 micro servos and C-5 (5A, min) or C-10 ESC, 8-cell/150-350mAh battery & charger.