This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
Move up from 2-channel, 2-meter sailplanes to the speed and maneuverability of the Spirit 100! Top-quality, almost ready-to-fly construction minimizes assembly time. Ailerons, flaps, and spoilers increase performance potential – for swift, successful thermal chasing and pinpoint landing precision.
- Assembles in as little as 4-5 hours, with a fiberglass fuselage and 2-piece, bolt-on balsa/ply wing
- Rudder, elevator, and bolt-on stabilizer also use traditional wood construction – all control surfaces except rudder come pre-hinged.
- On-board radio gear, including a servo for spoiler rod actuation, installs quickly in the easy-access radio compartment
- Ailerons and flaps allow full camber-changing capabilities and CROW-type mixing.
- Includes an adjustable tow hook and Great Planes brand hardware.
"The Spirit 100 kit has been a favorite for years. Now Great Planes also offers an almost ready-to-fly version – with the strong performance of the original, plus fast, easy assembly."
Stock Number: GPMA1049
Wingspan: 100 in (2540 mm)
Wing Area: 943 in² (60.8 dm²)
Weight: 4-4.5 lb (1.80 - 2.00 kg)
Wing Loading: 9.8-11.0 oz/ft² (30-34 g/dm²)
Length: 54 in (1370 mm)
Radio Required: 6-channel with 7 servos (4 micro, 3 standard); a radio with 'advanced mixing' for sailplanes is highly recommended
Product Manual - Parts Listing