This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
Versatile Sailplane Performance made affordable
The Spirit 100 combines the best features of the original Spirit with innovations usually found only on high-performance, high-priced sailplanes. Two wing options provide flying enjoyment for beginners, as well as advanced pilots.
- The Spirit 100 can be built with either of two wing options
- The first wing choice features a Selig 3010 airfoil and spoiler option—perfect for beginners and intermediates interested in awide speed range
- The second includes flaps, ailerons and a highly-efficient Selig 703 airfoil for the advanced performance that experienced pilots demand
- Great Planes' interlocking parts and step-by-step, photo-illustrated instructions (including instructions for ailerons and flaps) assure easy assembly of either wing—even for beginners
- Canopy, molded cockpit and hardware are included
Stock Number: GPMA0550
Wingspan: 99.5 in (2530 mm)
Wing Area: 946 in² (61.5 dm²)
Weight: 50-60 oz (1.42-1.70 kg)
Wing Loading: 8-10 oz/ft² (24-30 g/dm²)
Fuselage Length: 51.5 in (1310 mm)
Requires: 2-4 channel radio, with 2-5 servos (use 3-channel with optional ailerons; 4-channel with ailerons and flaps) & 2+ rolls MonoKote
Product Manual - Parts Listing