This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
The easy, affordable way to enjoy big jet excitement!
Like the original, the Patriot XL offers the hot pilot an irresistible combination: the exhilaration of jet-like speeds and looks matched to the building ease and affordability of other Great Planes’ kits. Designed for .60-size excitement, the Patriot XL avoids the costs and complexity of traditional ducted fan jets by relying on familiar sport techniques for building and a front-mounted glow engine for speed.
- Rockets into express-elevator climbs to the roof — then dives for screaming high-speed passes that exceed 100 mph!
- Excels on the power of a .90 and builds with the speed and ease of Great Planes’ best engineering.
- Fuselage and wing build flat on the boards from interlocking wood parts that ensure strength, straightness and perfect alignment.
- Unique turtledeck builds onto the finished fuselage, and transforms the space underneath into a strong, secure location for a retract air tank.
- Photo-illustrated instructions simplify every building step, from installing dual aileron servos in each wing half to the addition of optional flaps and optional retracts.
- Also included: full-sized plans and a generous Great Planes’ hardware package that includes a clear canopy and fixed trike gear.
Stock Number: GPMA0450
Wingspan: 55 in (1395 mm)
Total Wing Area: 742 in² (47.9 dm²)
Weight: 8-8.5 lb (3.63-3.86 kg)
Wing Loading: 25-27 oz/ft² (76-82 g/dm²)
Length: 59.5 in (1460 mm)
Requires: 2- or 4-stroke .60-.91 (10–15 cc) engine, 6-channel (min.) radio w/6-9 standard servos, spinner and 2 rolls of MonoKote®.
Product Manual - Parts Listing