This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
.40-size semi-scale sport kit
Fortune 500 jet looks and performance now in a sport model!
With its innovative design, precise computer engineering and detailed, photo-illustrated instructions, the Great Planes Learjet is perfect for any low-wing pilot. It handles as comfortably as an Ultra Sport - but has the potential for thrilling speed and maneuverability.
- Precision-formed details, all-balsa exterior and realistic decals combine for easy scale finishing.
- Wing features standard D-tube construction and tip sheeting to lock in washout, plus a notched leading edge for accurate rib placement.
- Precision-formed ABS plastic canopy supplies jet lines without carving-and lifts off for easy access to the fuel tank.
- Includes fixed landing gear plus instructions for adding optional retracts (Hobbico Mechanical Retracts, HCAP4000, recommended).
- Custom-made white Great Planes Learjet spinner also available separately (GPMQ4542).
- The radio compartment can be reached through a hatch in the bottom aft end of the fuselage. Angled servo mounting allows the mechanics for control operation to be hidden within the tail structure.
- Instead of expensive ducted fan engines, the Learjet flies with a 2-stroke sport engine and propeller-an easy, affordable way to enjoy the "jet experience."
"To really knock their socks off at the flying field, here's all you need: moderate building skill, a little low-wing experience, and this head-turning sport-scale kit of the world-famous Learjet 35A. For a model so impressive, it involves surprisingly few parts...and even fewer assembly challenges."
Great Planes Model Manufacturing
Stock Number: GPMA0439
Wingspan: 55.5 in (1410 mm)
Wing Area: 554 in² (35.7 dm²)
Weight: 6.5-7.5 lb (2.95-3.40 kg)
Wing Loading: 29 oz/ft² (90 g/dm²)
Fuselage Length: 50 in (1270 mm)
Requires: 2-stroke .40-.50 cu in (6.5-8.5 cc) engine, 4-5 channel radio w/4-6 servos & 2+ rolls MonoKote
Learjet is a registered trademark of Learjet, Inc.