This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
The easy step up to aerobatic precision
After mastering sport models, you want to try your hand at precise, pattern-like aerobatics. Make the transition with surprisingly little effort and expense using Great Planes' Tracer. Unlike fiberglass models, it builds quickly from CAD engineered, perfectly interlocking wood parts - in a kit with the completeness you have come to expect from Great Planes. And since it flies well with a sport .40 engine, your budget also gets a break!
- Tracks arrow-straight, with positive control response and comforting low-speed transitions.
- Delivers responsive, exhilarating flight performance without requiring high-torque servos, "hot" engines, tuned pipes and other expensive gear.
- Engineered very similar to large, expensive pattern kits - even uses the popular Eppler 168 airfoil.
- Dual aileron servos simplify set-up and increase the precision of aileron response for crisp aerobatics.
- Photo-illustrated assembly manual also covers installation of optional retracts (Hobbico Mechanical Retracts, HCAP4010, recommended).
Stock Number: GPMA0400
Wingspan: 52.5 in (1335 mm)
Wing Area: 514 in² (33.2 dm²)
Weight: 5-5.5 lb (2.27-2.49 kg)
Length: 54 in (1370 mm)
Requires: 2-stroke .40-.51 cu in (6.5-8.5 cc) or 4-stroke .52-.70 cu in (8.5-11.5 cc) engine & 4-channel radio with 5 standard servos (optional retract use requires 5-channel radio and additional retract servo.
Product Manual - Parts Listing