This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
Once a pilot appreciates the full potential of the Ultra Sport 40 Plus, there's no reason to consider flying anything else. Its versatility make it an ideal choice for an amazingly wide range of pilots. At one end, it's the perfect step up for fliers who've just mastered trainers, as capable of mild aerobatics as comforting stability. At the other, it's a showcase for a master's piloting skills, a 3D powerhouse that can easily flow from a waterfall to a sudden elevator into a motionless hover — and serve up a torque roll for dessert. The potential for both kinds of performance, or any combination of the two, is there. All it takes to unleash it is the right set-up — and the Ultra Sport 40 Plus.
- Offers the same sleek lines of the legendary Ultra-Sport with a whole new spectrum of performance possibilities.
- A fully symmetrical NACA63014 airfoil supports the most extreme 3D moves imaginable, yet offers the stability for low-speed landings.
- Three landing gear options! Landing gear for fixed tricycle or taildragger configurations are included — retractable taildragger option (retracts required) improves aerodynamics.
- No specialty or digital servos required. Delivers spectacular maneuvers with low-cost standard servos.
- Extra-wide CG range offers pilots far more flexibility in "tuning" performance to preferences and needs.
- CAD-engineered, all-wood parts quickly align and interlock, creating the strength needed to withstand extra-aerobatic moves.
Stock Number: GPMA0390
Wingspan: 58.5 in (1485 mm)
Wing Area: 595 in² (38.4 dm²)
Weight: 5.3-5.7 lbs (2.40-2.60 kg)
Wing Loading: 20.5-22.3 oz/ft² (63-68 g/dm²)
Length: 46 in (1170 mm)
Requires: 2-stroke .40- .52 cu in or 4-stroke .52 to .70 cu in, 4-channel radio w/5 standard servos & 3 rolls MonoKote.
Product Manual - Parts Listing