This item is discontinued.
Please see our airplanes index for a list of current products.
.40-.46 Size Sport-Scale Model Kit
Britain's Best in a realistic, easy-to-build kit
To the people of WWII England, the Spitfire was more than a good fighter. It was the single weapon responsible for their safe emergence from one of the darkest periods in British history. This Spitfire kit gives R/C pilots the chance to fly a realistic .40-size model of the distinctive warbird, with only moderate building time and effort—and performance that's classic Great Planes.
- A fine project for any intermediate pilot who's already succeeded with at least one high-wing and one low-wing model.
- CAD-engineered, precisely interlocking balsa/ply parts produce a strong, lightweight airframe and realistic scale outline.
- Includes many scale touches that boost realism without increasing your building challenges—such as a 2-piece ABS cowl with molded-in exhaust stack detail.
- Spacious radio compartment allows easy installation of on-board gear. High-quality, rod-in-tube pushrods are included for smooth, dependable control surface operation.
- Expert use of lightening holes keeps flying weight low for excellent all-around flight performance.
- Includes canopy and heavy-duty aluminum landing gear.
Stock Number: GPMA0179
Wingspan: 54.75 in (1391 mm)
Wing Area: 526 in² (33.9 dm²)
Weight: 5-6 lb (2.25-2.7 kg)
Wing Loading: 22-26 oz/ft² (66-80 g/dm²)
Length: 48 in (1219 mm)
Engine Required: 2-stroke .40-.46 cu in (6.5 7.5 cc) or 4-stroke .52-.70 cu in (8.5-11.5 cc)
Radio Required: 4-6 channel with 5-6 servos
Download the manual