The Gee Bee's unusual fuselage design acts as an airfoil, allowing the plane to make smooth "knife edge" turns without losing altitude. With foam construction and a brushless electric power system and 4 micro servos already in place, this Transmitter-Ready replica of the famous pylon racer can be turning heads and drawing attention at the field within minutes after installing your radio of choice and battery!
- Smooth and predictable sport performance
- Fast, simple, no-glue assembly
- All onboard gear factory-installed for your convenience
The Gee Bee: an unlikely-looking champion racer.
Designed by the Granville Brothers in the 1930s, the Gee Bee's shape was intended to accommodate the Pratt & Whitney R-1340, the largest and most powerful engine of its day. With Jimmy Doolittle in the cockpit, the Gee Bee won the prestigious 1932 Thompson Trophy race and set a world landplane speed record of 476 km/h (296 mph) in the Shell Speed Dash.
More ease. More choices. More fun.
Why go with a Tx-R? Glad you asked.
Start with speed and ease. Tx-R aircraft help you save time and get you to the flight line faster. They’re assembled and finished and all onboard electronics are installed …including an SLT receiver. Take a Tx-R out of the box, and you’re practically ready to fly. Now that’s fast and easy.
Add flexibility to the mix. With a Tx-R, you don’t have to buy a special radio to fly.
That’s because all Tx-R aircraft come with an SLT receiver. And since they do, you have two very attractive choices.
One, you can fly a Tx-R with a 2.4GHz SLT radio system from Tactic or other manufacturer. Just look for a radio with an “SLT” logo; that tells you they’re 100% compatible with the receivers in all Tx-R aircraft.
However, you may already have a favorite transmitter and don’t want to give up. That brings up choice #2: the Tactic AnyLink2. Attach it to your transmitter and it does something amazing: it broadcasts a true 2.4GHz signal that any SLT receiver can pick up. It works with virtually all transmitters, regardless of brand, band or modulation. And it not only costs less than a new radio; it costs less than many receivers.
For ease, economy, choices and more fun, there’s nothing like Tx-R.
The Gee Bee Tx-R includes:
- Assembled, factory-finished airframe with formed wire gear and wheel pants
- Factory-installed 35-20-1000kV brushless outrunner motor, 35A ESC and (4) micro servos
- Factory-installed TR624 4-channel 2.4GHz SLT receiver compatible with all SLT transmitters and the Tactic AnyLink2 2.4GHz SLT Radio Adapter
- Stock Number
- 38.5 in (980 mm)
- Wing Area
- 241 in² (15.5 dm²)
- 1.75-2.0 lb (790-910 g)
- Wing Loading
- 16.7-19.1 oz/ft² (51-58 g/dm²)
- 27 in (685 mm)
- 4-channel SLT transmitter — or — AnyLink2 & a compatible 4-channel transmitter, 11.1V 2200mAh LiPo battery & LiPo charger
For a complete list of required items, see the instruction manual. Ask your hobby dealer for additional recommendations.