Affordable, aerobatic 40 with Great Planes quality
Anyone who knows stunt planes is familiar with the Extra 300S. And anyone who knows R/C aircraft is well aware of Great Planes' reputation for quality and ease of assembly. Now they've come together to create a kit easy to build and pure adrenalin to fly! Great Planes' scale model of this popular German aerobat features advanced engineering, realistic appearance and high performance flying capabilities, in an affordable .40 size!
- Precisely interlocking die-cut wood parts and one-piece lite ply fuselage sides help to cut down on assembly time
- The wing's leading and trailing edges come preshaped, and feature sturdy, standard D-tube construction
- An extensive hardware package comes with the kit, and includes wire-in-tube pushrods, an adjustable engine mount, beefy dural landing gear and more
- The two-piece ABS cowl fits very cleanly around a .46 engine and muffler, enhancing the Extra's scale lines
- Other scale details include two-piece ABS wheel pants, a precision-formed clear butyrate canopy and a complete decal set with realistic markings
- A fully symmetrical wing makes this Extra 300S very maneuverable, yet easy to fly for an experienced sport pilot
Many of this model's features simplify assembly AND increaes the sport-scale realism. The supplied 2-piece ABS cowl, for example, fits very cleanly around a .46 engine and in-cowl muffler.
Efficient engineering makes it easy to build straight, strong and fast. The entire fuselage consists of minimal parts, with a single piece of die-cut ply forming each side.
The kit contains a generous package of hardware and accessories, including an adjustable engine mount, 2-piece ABS wheel pants and thick, heavy-duty aluminum landing gear.
58 in (1470 mm)
594 in² (39 dm²)
5.75 lb (2.61 kg)
24 oz/ft² (73 g/dm²)
48 in (1220 mm)
2-stroke .40-.51 or 4-stroke .48-.70 engine; 4-channel radio w/4 servos & 2+ rolls MonoKote