While not specifically intended as a vehicle for showy aerobatics, the popular, full-size RV-4 has proven very capable of them all the same. Great Planes' RV-4 model offers similar versatility. Ideal for intermediate-level aerobatics, it offers good knife-edge capabilities, tracks beautifully, delivers almost unlimited vertical performance with a .46 engine...and is also a great choice for just having some "Sunday" fun.
- Easy interlocking balsa/ply construction, with built-in thrust angles and a wing that assembles flat on die-cut tabs.
- Loaded with sport-scale realism—detailed cockpit features rollover bar, tandem instrument panels and a crystal-clear butyrate canopy.
- Spacious radio compartment allows easy radio gear installation and quick fuel tank access.
- Generous package of Great Planes hardware includes rod-in-tube pushrods for smooth control surface operation.
- Reinforced nylon Adjustable Engine Mount perfectly fits any 2- or 4-stroke engine within the recommended range.
- Stock Number
- 54.65 in (1388 mm)
- Wing Area
- 631.6 in² (40.8 dm²)
- 5.75-6.25 lb (2.6-2.8 kg)
- Wing Loading
- 20.9-22.8 oz/ft² (64.1-69.7 g/dm²)
- Fuselage Length
- 49.6 in (1260 mm)
- 2-stroke .40-.52 cu in engine or 4-stroke .48-.70 cu in (8.0-11.5 cu in); also required, 4-5 channel Radio with 5-7 servos (5-channel radio with 7 servos required to use optional flaps) Pilot figure not included.
- Pitts style muffler