Now it's even easier to be a "perfect trainer" builder and pilot.
More R/C pilots have successfully learned to fly with a Perfect Trainer than any other kit. By applying recent engineering advances to these proven models, Great Planes has made them more durable, more stable, and even easier to build!
- Proper amounts of wing dihedral and washout enable PTs to self-recover from control mishaps - new pilots worry less, learn faster.
- Extensively photo-illustrated instruction manuals cover kit assembly PLUS building a workbench, choosing tools, preparing for flight...everything a new hobbyist needs to know.
- Kits include all assembly hardware plus heavy duty landing gear and materials for a bolt-on or rubber band-attached wing.
- Larger, extra-stable PT-40 MKII takes a .40 engine - a size the pilot could likely reuse in future models.
- Ideal for small flying sites, PT-20 MKII also lowers startup costs by using an economical.20-size engine.
- Innovative "interlocking I-beam" engineering simplifies wing construction and maximizes strength. The ribs plug securely into spars and webbing to maintain proper alignment.
- PT wings are built with ailerons for full 4-channel control, but they can be locked in place for 3-channel operation. Leading and trailing edges come preshaped for easy assembly.
[ Check out reviews by R/C Report & R/C Modeler Magazine ]
"Everything about our Perfect Trainers - from the clarity of their instruction manuals to the stability of flight - gives new modelers the confidence needed to succeed."
Great Planes Model Manufacturing
Also available: PT-60 kit
52.75 in (1340 mm)
515 in² (33.2 dm²)
3.5-4.5 lb (1590-2040 g)
16-20 oz/ft² (49-61 g/dm²)
45.5 in (1160 mm)
2-stroke .15-.25 cu in or 4-stroke .26-.30 cu in engine & 3-4 channel radio with 3-4 servos & 2+ rolls of MonoKote
60 in (1520 mm)
672 in² (43.3 dm²)
5-6 lb (2270-2720 g)
17-21 oz/ft² (52-64 g/dm²)
52.5 in (1335 mm)
2-stroke .35-.46 cu in or 4-stroke .40-.52 cu in engine & 3-4 channel radio with 3-4 servos & 2+ rolls of MonoKote